Pericles S. Chrysocheris MD, FACS was born and raised in Athens. He is the director of the 1st Surgery Clinic of the Hygeia Hospital and operates with his team exclusively at the Hygeia and Mitera Hospitals.
He specializes in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, in benign and malignant disorders of the gastrointestinal tube, surgical oncology of the digestive and solid organs of the abdominal region (pancreas, spleen, adrenal glands), bariatric surgery, thyroid and hernia Surgery, emergency surgery as well as trauma surgery.
He specialized in General Surgery at Boston University Medical Center's university program, from where he received his residency in 2008. He was the first non-American resident to graduate from Boston University's General Surgery program in the last 30 years.
Further training followed at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School for one academic year (2008 to 2009) with an emphasis on Emergency Surgery, ICU, Laparoscopic surgery (F.L.S. Certificate).
He is certified by the American Board of Surgery Certification http://www.absurgery.org/ after succeeding in the relevant exams in Philadelphia, USA in 2008. He acquired Recertification after relevant exams in 2019.
He practiced Surgery in the USA and maintained for many consecutive years, a license to practice Surgery in Massachusetts of the USA.
The doctor is a member of a large number of Medical and Surgical associations such as the SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons)
από το 2008, της Ελληνικής Χειρουργικής Εταιρίας (ΕΧΕ), του SRS (Society of Robotic Surgery) since 2008, the Hellenic Surgical Society, of the SRS (Society of Robotic Surgery) of Athens Medical Association,
Εmember of the Advisory Board of the official journal of the Hellenic Surgical Society, etc.
He is also treasurer of the board of directors of the Greek American Medical College (www.gamedicalcollege.gr) and a member of the board of directors of the Hellenic Society of Robotic Surgery. He has a constant presence at the most important annual surgical conferences in Greece and internationally with dozens of speeches and presentations in recent years. He has been a lecturer in the training courses of the Hellenic Surgical Society. He has also been an instructor in Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery training courses in Greece and abroad. During his postgraduate training at Harvard, he was included in the "Top Surgeons of America" guide of the US consumer organization. Since September 2008, the doctor maintains the certification of the American Board of Surgery, as well as the license to practice surgery in Massachusetts, USA.
- Boston University Medical Center Surgical Residency 2008
- Fellowship, MGH, Harvard Medical School, Department of Surgery 2009
- ECFMG Degree (2001)
- USMLE Steps I, II, III
- CSA (2001)
- 2000 Semmelweis Medical School Degree
- Costeas – Geitonas High School Diploma (1993)
- General Surgeon / Clinical Fellow
Massachusetts General Hospital -Department of Surgery (2008-2009)
- General Surgeron Attending /fellow
Boston Shriners Hospital for Children (2008-2009)
- Athens Medical Center 2010-2018 General Surgeon Laparoscopic - Robotic Surgery Clinic
- >Athens Medical Center 2014-2018
- Athens Medical Center 2014-2018 Scientific head of the General Surgery Department, Marousi Clinic
American Board of Surgery Certified since 2008
- Dr. Chrysocheris successfully passed the American Board of Surgery (ABS) residency renewal exams in 2019 and renewed his certification from that organization for 3 years. This certification is required in the US to ensure scientific proficiency and continuing education of surgeons, and necessary to practice surgery in the US.
- ACLS certified since από το 2002
- ATLS (advanced Trauma Life Support) certified από το 2005
- FLS (Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery) certified since 2009
- Dr. Chrysocheris has been certified by SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons) in Laparoscopic Colon Surgery for oncological and benign disorders. The certification process beyond the training session included the monitoring of the laparoscopic and robotic colectomy operations of Dr. Chrysocheris from 2017 to 2018 (12 months) by a committee of internationally acclaimed Professors specializing in colon surgery. The videos of the operations of Dr. Chrysocheris were assessed and certified for the perfection of his techniques.
Member of Companies, Journals Editorial Board
- Member of the American College of Surgeons (Resident member since 2006) full member since 2011
- Member of SAGES (since 2009)
- Member of the Hellenic Surgical Society
- Member of the Medical Association of Athens
- Member of SRS (Society of Robotic Surgery)
- Member of American Medical Association since 2008 (AMA)
Member of the Editorial Board of Journals
- Member of the Advisory Board of the official journal of the Hellenic Surgical Society